WhatsApp’s desktop app for Windows and Mac now supports making and receiving voice and video calls. The feature was previously only available to a small group of users, but it is now available to everyone. For those who use WhatsApp every day for work or personal purposes.
Using WhatsApp’s desktop app, you can make a voice or video call, and the call appears in a resizeable standalone window on your computer. In addition, it is set to be on top.
However, as of now, WhatsApp only allows calls between one person and another, but WhatsApp intends to include group voice and video calls in the future. All WhatsApp voice and video calls are encrypted end-to-end.
System requirements for WhatsApp video call on PC
To make WhatsApp voice and video calls on the desktop, you will need three things:
- An audio output device and microphone for calls. If you want to make video calls, you also need a webcam.
- An active internet connection on your computer and phone.
- Additionally, you will be required to grant WhatsApp permission to access your computer’s microphone and camera to make calls.
How To Download Whatsapp on Pc
First for it to work you need to download WhatsApp for pc on your computer if you don’t have it you can download it for Windows 32-bit here, Windows 64-bit here and Mac here.
How to make Whatsapp Voice or video call
- Open the WhatsApp desktop app on your computer
- Scan the QR code using your phone (open WhatsApp on your phone > Tap Settings > WhatsApp Web/Desktop)
- Open the individual chat with the person you want to make a call to
- Click on the voice call icon
- Tap on End Call when you’re done
You can mute or unmute your microphone by clicking the microphone icon during the call. It’s also possible to switch from a voice call to a video call during the call.